Friday, April 1, 2011

RELAX....it's almost the weekend!!

So it's almost the weekend and I will be going to Covington, KY tomorrow after work for the Mary Kay Career Conference, so tonight I decided to prepare for my weekend of fun.  So I really needed a pedicure and I am staying at my cousins in Fishers.  I decided to go to Nails by D & G by the Super Target off 116th St., where I have been before and really enjoyed it....well this time was a little different!! Keep reading!

So I first got there and they were really busy like every chair was filled.  So I immediately thought well I will run to Target and get the things I need and then come back.  So I asked how long of a wait.  The guy said, "15 minutes", so I waited.  About 20-25 minutes later he says ok come on back.  So I hop in the chair stick my feet in the scolding hot water and turned on the massaging chair, thinking it would only be like 5-10 more minutes until someone started working on my feet....NO it was more like 30 more minutes.  Finally a really nice lady starts working away on my dreaded feet.  It was going pretty well, but a little slower than normal and she kept asking the gentleman beside her what to do, so that gave me the reason as to why she was slow...she's new!  So I forgave her for the slowness.  When she started filing my toenails she told me what she was doing...which I found odd, but nice at the same time, because no one has ever talked me through what they were doing to my feet...haha!  Anyway, she gets to my pinky toe and says "Oh my, you cut your toenails, huh?"  I was thinking, Well, yes who doesn't?  I mean was there a memo that was sent out that I didn't get stating you shouldn't cut your toenails?  Then she goes on to say "You cut it to short, next time don't cut and we will be able to shape better."  Ok well whatever lady, I have this fat roll that gets in my way and I would rather cut them short so they have more time to grow...haha!!!  That is at least what I wanted to say, but I smiled and nodded!  Plus they never trim your toenails and it drives me nuts!!!

As time goes by it is time to scrub the bottom of my feet, well when she put the soap on my feet she seemed like she was afraid to touch them, then you have to hold your leg up so they can really scrub so since I was using my muscles in holding my leg up she says "RELAX"....of course I didn't, because had I relaxed she would have been wishing she hadn't said that..haha!!! So anyway, I try to relax and she finishes cleaning my feet and now it's massage time...at this point I was thinking YAY, I'm almost done and I can run over to Target get a few things and get back to Amy's so I can watch Grey's & Private Pratice!! And of course it's the MASSAGE the best part of the pedicure!  Well...at least I thought it was the best part until she rubbed, squeezed and dug her fingers into my leg so bad that I felt like I was going to go flying out of that chair....I swear I wished I had gone to the gym, because after she was done beating my left leg I felt like I ran a marathon!  I wish I could have seen my facial expession and tried to recreate it while I workout for now on since my Trainer and workout buddy say I don't show expressions on my face and they can't ever tell if I am straining, because now I was STRAINING!!  I was sooooo glad she was finally done with my left leg I thought ok I can relax now....NOPE, I forgot I had another leg...I seriously almost told the woman forget it and just paint my toes, because I seriously thought I was going to die or lose a leg or foot!!  While she was squeezing my right leg to death she decided she needed to tell me that I have to much cellulite....WHAT?!?!  Lady, do you even know what cellulite is?  How can you tell, you are rubbing my calf?  I only have that in my thighs and ass in which I am sitting on and you can't see....so I have no idea what she was meaning other than my muscles were tight since yesterday was leg day, but I still smiled and nodded!  So the leg part was still bad and I even turned it inward at some point thinking she would get the clue to loosen up...NO, she kept squeezing away!  Then she gets to my foot, now let me tell you this I have bad feet, first of all, I have flat feet (no arch) and working in retail for 8+ years on my feet, really helped break my arches down, if I had any in the first place.  So she starts rubbing...ooops I mean squeezing my foot like she was trying to wring a damn wash cloth and she gets to my arch....well I jerked and of course she still didn't get a freaking clue what my reaction was for!  She started saying something about that area being my "BALANCE".....I WANTED TO SCREAM AT THE WOMAN AT THIS POINT!   Of course I didn't because I am way to nice!  I of course, smiled and nodded, like I agreed!!!  I so badly wanted to say..."NO, WOMAN THAT IS NOT MY BALANCE, I HAVE NO BALANCE THAT IS MY DAMN BROKEN DOWN ARCH AND IF YOU TOUCH IT AGAIN MY FOOT MIGHT JUST MEET YOUR FACE!"

So, FINALLY it is time to paint my toenails...THANK GOD!  Well of course she still had to go on about my nails being to short which I just ignored.  Then I went to the dryer and of course I am the only one in the salon at this point and I feel like I am keeping them, so I put my shoes back on and paid.  I did contemplate if I should have left her a tip, but I decided to do it anyway...again...I am to damn nice! 

So for those of you who decided to check this out.  My evening wasn't so pleasant and I missed my shows...at least they will be online tomorrow, but I probably won't get to watch them until Saturday or Sunday night.  Anyway, whoever said "Beauty is Pain" really hit the nail on the head this time!  LOL!  I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!! I will for sure, unless if I have bruises all down my legs...haha!!

Image courtesy of lipstickpowdernpaint.com

2 comments:

  1. I visualized the whole thing....funny stuff....thanks for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That woman needs to take a course on how to talk to clients and customers. But pretty funny Nat!

    ReplyDelete